New Leader Assimilation
Did you know that the first 90 days of a new leader’s position is highly critical, and that 50%-70% of new leaders FAIL within their first 18 months? In fact, McKinsey goes so far as to reveal that 75% of leaders consider themselves unprepared for their position due to a poor onboarding process.
Fact — High expectations and short time frames don’t take a break just because someone is new and training. Results still need to be achieved and new leaders are expected to hit the ground running. So how do we fix this issue?
New Leader Assimilation. We want to introduce your new leader to the team, encourage a healthy working relationship, and set a climate of transparency to discuss the tough issues. Everyone is different, so we all have our own style, values, preferences, concerns, expectations…it’s normal and even inevitable for co-workers to butt heads once in a while. But differing viewpoints can be addressed in a healthy way. Let’s identify any critical challenges or problems, clarify roles, and work through some of the messy stuff.
And just in case you need any more reason to invest in this pathway to team success, here are some more reasons your company will love New Leader Assimilation:
- WHY YOUR TEAM WILL LOVE IT
- They are provided with the opportunity to get to know their leader very well in a short period of time
- They get to sound off on “what it’s like to work with us.”
- They have the chance to be heard and let the leader know what is and is not working.
- WHY YOUR LEADER WILL LOVE IT
- Start-up time is shortened, increasing new leader effectiveness more quickly.
- They’ll get a new clarity of insight into their team and the challenges they will face together.
- WHY YOUR ENTIRE COMPANY WILL LOVE IT
- Everyone’s expectations and preferences become aligned
- Barriers to the success of the new leader and team get broken down.
- Misperceptions get clarified
- A foundation for a strong, working relationship between the manager and the team is built.
Concerned about time? We offer anything from a ½ day facilitated meeting to a full 90-day program. Let’s help you design a program that will set your leader and his or her team up for success!